Sunday, July 5, 2009

new Parker entry

Good afternoon!

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend. I have piles of paperwork to get through today, but while checking my e-mail was pleased to receive another entry in the Draw Parker contest.



This is from Jim Hopkins who added, "I'm a fan of Darwyn Cooke's work, and visit this blog frequently. I'm looking forward to seeing what this new Richard Stark book will be like! This idea for the contest is pretty cool, and I've been enjoying the art posted so far. Here's my take on Parker for the contest -I went for a sort of Robert Maguire pastiche. He's one of the unsung masters of paperback art and one of my favorite PB cover artists so I did this with him in mind."

Thanks, Jim! He also a blog here with some wonderful caricatures. I love the one of Jean Reno.

There's still time to get your entry in! July 16th is the deadline for entries.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robert Forest said...

I love Robert Maguire. This post is fantastic! So cool. Thanks!